The time to complete a task or collection of tasks
The desired process throughput is inverse takt time.
The amount of product during a processing cycle
Once the unit cycle times are known, then what? Go Lean!
* Where are we?
- Determine process bottlenecks
* Where are we going?
- Ability to forecast process capacity based on cycle time at the narrowest bottleneck
- Assess bottleneck cycle times to prioritize continuousimprovement/lean initiatives…why improve cycle time?
+ Continuous improvement may displace workers, as a reduction in cycle time often results in making more, faster, with fewer resources.
+ There needs to be a plan for dealing with changing resource requirements.
* How will we get there?
- Combine cycle time with takt time and available work time to schedule production and labor allocation.
- Create a detailed action plan that aligns all activities.